Zucchini muffins are very easy to make and are really good.
Zucchini Muffins are simple to throw together. As a matter of fact – any muffin recipe will always turn out great and you can mix and match additional ingredients like nuts and seeds and dried fruits to make them interesting and original. Muffins are not as exacting as cake so you don't need to separate eggs, sift flour etc. to get it right. Play around, experiment with the ingredients you have in your pantry – get creative!
2 cups flour – use a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flours – I prefer 11/2 whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose.
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar OR honey OR silan date honey
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3/4 butter milk OR soy milk OR rice milk
1/2-3/4 cup nuts, seeds, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit (here's your chance to get really creative!)
I like using a combination of chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds and chopped dates – try what works for you!
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add all the wet ingredients, including the zucchini, to the dry and mix with a wooden spoon or with a spatula.
3. Stir in the chopped nuts, seeds, fruit, etc. of choice.
4. Spoon the mixture into buttered muffin tins filling 2/3 full (I use baking spray – so much easier… or even better – paper muffin/cupcake cups).
5. Bake in a preheated oven (200C / 400 F) for 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
*You can use this exact recipe for carrot muffins or carrot-zucchini muffins by replacing some or all of the grated zucchini with carrot. Add a tsp. of ginger for some extra "pop".
** Do you want a dairy-free muffin option? Replace the milk with Orange juice.
Welcome to Simply-Vegetarian.com where you'll find simple, nutritious and delicious meatless recipes.
I'm Mimi (that's me on the Nile River!) and this is my recipe collection. I love to be creative, love to cook and love to entertain. I'm also veggie which means that all of the above gets a bit more complicated – and a lot more fun!
On simply-vegetarian.com I share some of my family's favourite recipes, from soups and starters to holiday main dishes and desserts as well as some really good tips and suggestions for healthy eating!
– SBI! guides you along and keeps you on track. SBI makes it easy to get your message out there on the web! Do you have a passion? Start working with SBI - start living your passion! I did - and I couldn't be happier!