Sprouted Tabouleh Salad is based on the traditional Lebanese salad made from bulgur (cracked wheat), mint, parsley, lemon and olive oil. This recipe mixes things up a bit by adding some non-traditional flavours and ingredients. Sassy!
2 bunches fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
2 tomatoes diced finely
2 scallions (green onions) chopped finely
1 cup mixed sprouts – any kind
1 cup bulgur
1 1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1. Place the bulgur in a bowl and pour the boiling water over the top. Add salt. Cover the bowl and let stand for about 1/2 hour. The bulgur will absorb all the water.
2. Chop the parsley and mint very finely. I know this looks like a lot of parsley but that is the main ingredient in this salad.
3. When the bulgur is ready, put it in a serving bowl. Add the chopped parsley and mint, tomatoes, green onion, and sprouts.
4. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together and pour over the bulgur-vegetable salad. Mix well.
5. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
From my blog dated July 18 2010:
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Follow us on Facebook!