Quick Pasta Recipe with Broccoli and Cheese
This is a delicious and simple pasta recipe. If you like, you can swap the butter with olive oil; you can use whole wheat pasta and flour for a healthier version – whatever works for you and your family.
2. Drop the frozen broccoli into boiling water with 1 tsp. salt and cook for 6-8 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
4. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the crushed garlic and stir for about a minute. Drizzle in the flour and then add the milk. Continue stirring until you have a thick roux (sauce). Remove from heat.
5. Grease a casserole dish.
6. Place the pasta and broccoli into a bowl and mix them together.
7. Pour the roux over and mix it in. Whisk the egg and mix it in as well.
8. Now mix in half the (cheddar) cheese and all the feta cheese.
9. Place the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
10. Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
11. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Follow us on Facebook!