This really simple Pizza Casserole Recipe can be modified according to your family's preferences by adding vegetables, cheeses, herbs etc. Just use whatever you have on hand – it is sure to turn out great every time!
Pizza Casserole Recipe is like a savory bread pudding. You use old bread – any kind you have on hand – eggs, milk, cheese and tomato sauce and voila! You have a simple yet perfect lunch or light dinner your kids will LOVE. And like all my recipes – well this is just SO EASY!!!!! You’ll love it too!
Bread – it can be any kind and best if stale - diced into bite-size pieces to make 2-3 cups
2 cups milk
Grated cheese – about a cup
Cottage cheese – about a cup
½ cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce (I use from a jar)
1. Whisk together the milk and eggs
2. Place the diced bread into the milky-egg mixture and let sit for 20-30 minutes
3. Grease a casserole dish with butter/margarine/olive oil
4. Once the bread is soaked, place it and all the milky-egg mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish, Spoon the cottage cheese over the top.
5. Now spoon the tomato sauce over the cottage cheese and top it all off with a good layer of grated cheese
6. At this point you can add sliced veggies if you like, sliced onions, herbs, hot pepper or anything else.
7. Bake at 180C (350F) for about 20 minutes – the top should be golden and bubbly and the casserole set in the middle.
This is a great way to use old bread and it is really super simple to make and it will always be a hit! Enjoy!
Welcome to Simply-Vegetarian.com where you'll find simple, nutritious and delicious meatless recipes.
I'm Mimi (that's me on the Nile River!) and this is my recipe collection. I love to be creative, love to cook and love to entertain. I'm also veggie which means that all of the above gets a bit more complicated – and a lot more fun!
On simply-vegetarian.com I share some of my family's favourite recipes, from soups and starters to holiday main dishes and desserts as well as some really good tips and suggestions for healthy eating!
– SBI! guides you along and keeps you on track. SBI makes it easy to get your message out there on the web! Do you have a passion? Start working with SBI - start living your passion! I did - and I couldn't be happier!