Cashew Oatmeal Cookies
What is more classic than Oatmeal Cookies? They just make you feel comfy, secure, snug – almost takes you back to your childhood years – right? Warm batch of cookies waiting for you when you got home from school…. Hmmmmmm. I L-O-V-E these cookies. Try this recipe – it's a bit off the wall but I am sure you'll love it.
2. Beat the butter (or oil), sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and egg together.
3. Run the rolled oats in your food process for 30 seconds.
4. Mix the oats and cashews in with the egg and mixture.
5. Drop the cookie mixture by spoonfuls onto a prepared cookie sheet. I like using a silicone cookie sheet or you can use a greased sheet or baking sheets lines with parchment paper – whatever works for you.
6. Sprinkle a very light dusting of extra fine salt (optional) over each cookie. (sounds weird but it's good – try it…)
7. Using the tines of a fork or your fingers, press each cookie down.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, watch carefully so that the cookies don't burn.
Variations to this recipe:
2. Swap walnuts for the cashews. Don't sprinkle the salt on top. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup raisins.
3. Replace the brown sugar with maple syrup.
4. Cut down on the cashews, add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
Whatever you do, it'll still be YUMMY!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Follow us on Facebook!