Corn Chowder is a chunky and flavourful soup which can be served as a hearty meal in and of itself or as a great winter soup to start a meal. This chowder is a great family meal on a cold winter night.
2 cans whole kernel corn, unsweetened OR 2 cups frozen corn kernels
3 cups vegetable broth, instant, tinned OR homemade
4-5 potatoes, diced
2 large onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, diced
1 tablespoon chili flakes (optional)
2 teaspoons salt
black pepper to taste
1 3/4 cups soy milk, rice milk OR regular milk
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest of one lemon
1. In a large soup pot, sauté the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add the potato chunks and continue to cook a few minutes longer. The potatoes should get a bit golden in colour.
3. Add the corn kernels and the soup broth and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
4. Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
5. Add the milk and lemon zest and heat the soup through completely (don't boil).
Welcome to Simply-Vegetarian.com where you'll find simple, nutritious and delicious meatless recipes.
I'm Mimi (that's me on the Nile River!) and this is my recipe collection. I love to be creative, love to cook and love to entertain. I'm also veggie which means that all of the above gets a bit more complicated – and a lot more fun!
On simply-vegetarian.com I share some of my family's favourite recipes, from soups and starters to holiday main dishes and desserts as well as some really good tips and suggestions for healthy eating!
I built this site using SBI!
– SBI! guides you along and keeps you on track. SBI makes it easy to get your message out there on the web! Do you have a passion?
Start working with SBI - start living your passion! I did - and I couldn't be happier!
Click here now to read about me and my passion...