This is a simple and delicious eggless cookie recipe! Just minutes to prepare and minutes to bake and voila! – the best cookies ever!
This Cookie Recipe is simple and really good. There are no eggs in the recipe so it works for vegans and vegetarians. But the flavours are great so your gourmet friends will love them too!
2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use any flour if you like, or combine white and whole wheat – whatever works for you)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil (don't use olive oil)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Maple Syrup OR honey
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
-you can exchange walnuts or peanuts for the pistachio nuts
-you can replace some of the nuts with 1/2 cup raisins
1. In a food processor mix all the ingredients together except for the nuts and chocolate bits.
2. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Pinch off about a tablespoon at a time of dough and form into balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet and flatten each cookie a bit with your hand.
4. Bake at 180C (375F) for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove very carefully from the cookie sheet so they don't break.
TIP: I discovered this silicone baking sheet – it is a reusable, washable sheet that looks like a piece of paper (but it's silicone) and you place it on the cookie sheet instead of greasing and nothing sticks to it and the cookies come out perfect!
Welcome to Simply-Vegetarian.com where you'll find simple, nutritious and delicious meatless recipes.
I'm Mimi (that's me on the Nile River!) and this is my recipe collection. I love to be creative, love to cook and love to entertain. I'm also veggie which means that all of the above gets a bit more complicated – and a lot more fun!
On simply-vegetarian.com I share some of my family's favourite recipes, from soups and starters to holiday main dishes and desserts as well as some really good tips and suggestions for healthy eating!
– SBI! guides you along and keeps you on track. SBI makes it easy to get your message out there on the web! Do you have a passion? Start working with SBI - start living your passion! I did - and I couldn't be happier!