Minimum ingredients and maximum flavour in this fabulous Roasted Carrot Recipe!
What can I say? This is simple. This is delicious. Easy Peasy. Child's play. But the flavour…. Well – altogether GOURMET!
1/2 kg. (1 lb) baby carrots. It's especially cool if you can find the different coloured carrots.
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt to taste (sea salt or "kosher" salt works best)
Pepper to taste
1 tsp. dried thyme OR 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
1. In an oven proof pan, mix the carrots, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic (it would have been simpler to say "all the ingredients").
2. Cover the pan with tin foil - make sure it is sealed all around.
3. Roast in the oven at 200C (400F) for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and roast an additional 10 minutes until the carrots are nice and brown (but not burnt).
5. Serve as a side dish. YUMMY!
Welcome to Simply-Vegetarian.com where you'll find simple, nutritious and delicious meatless recipes.
I'm Mimi (that's me on the Nile River!) and this is my recipe collection. I love to be creative, love to cook and love to entertain. I'm also veggie which means that all of the above gets a bit more complicated – and a lot more fun!
On simply-vegetarian.com I share some of my family's favourite recipes, from soups and starters to holiday main dishes and desserts as well as some really good tips and suggestions for healthy eating!
I built this site using SBI!
– SBI! guides you along and keeps you on track. SBI makes it easy to get your message out there on the web! Do you have a passion?
Start working with SBI - start living your passion! I did - and I couldn't be happier!
Click here now to read about me and my passion...