Simply Tastefully Elegant Beet Salad
Here is another example of simple, tasty, quality ingredients that when combined make a fabulous salad that will surely please all !
4 medium-large beets
4 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
200 gr (1/2 lb) feta cheese
Baby greens, sprouts, chopped lettuce – about 2 cups
1/4 cup / one handful sunflower seeds
OPTIONAL handful chopped walnuts
1. Peel the (uncooked) beets using a potato peeler. Slice the beets into thin slices. Then slice the thin slices into thin strips. (Matchsticks)
2. Slice the pears thinly and into strips, as per above but do not peel them.
3. Place the beets, pears and lettuce/sprouts/baby greens into a salad bowl and toss.
4. Whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper) and pour over the salad. Toss to coat all the veggies with dressing. Adjust flavours if needed by adding more lemon or vinegar or salt.
5. Crumble the feta cheese on top. Sprinkle the seeds and nuts over top just before serving.
6. SERVE to lots of oohs and aahs.