A word on asparagus nutrition: Asparagus is low in calories and very low in sodium. They are a good source of vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium and zinc, and a very good source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese and selenium.
In short – they're good for you. And taste great.
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed on the bottom
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Arrange the asparagus spears in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and mix up the spears to ensure they are all coated.
2. Set the oven at 200 C (400 F).
3. Bake the asparagus for 12 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and season with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
4. While the spears are baking in the oven, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat.
5. Pour the butter sauce over the Baked Asparagus. Serve.